I was leaving Pomo when the stabbing incident occurred yesterday.
I was uncharacteristically oblivious to my surroundings as I was taking out my umbrella for shelter under the drizzle. Little did I expect to be pulled away by Huisi while doing so, looking up to see the two men getting into a scuffle. They rolled for a few moments on the ground, after the victim had slipped. I was pulled further away. Turning back again, the murderer was gone. I saw the previously standing, white shirt-donning man - now a blood-stained victim - lying face-down on the floor. The attack lasted less than 3 minutes. The crime scene was crowded, by now, with many passer-bys, who dialled for the police and ambulance.
I found out today that the man had died.
It was murder.
It feels surreal even now.
The fragility of life is haunting.
No comments:
Post a Comment