This implies:
- Better management of emotions – I’m not as easily overwhelmed by anger anymore. Anger management is very important, especially in the working world. At the work place, everyone is paid a salary to do their own work; they are not obliged to understand you. One is entitled to their own opinions and feelings, but no one should be a recipient of those feelings of yours, especially negative ones. No one owes you a living, so please don’t give off that vibe.
- Fast pace of life – each and every day is eventful. I no longer reflect on my daily actions like I should. It’s a challenge to adopt a keen interest in developing both the mind and the body. Most people indulge their minds, whether by reading books or surfing online, or keeping themselves updated with the current affairs. On the contrary, very few are interested in keeping their bodies trim and fit at all times. I am, too, guilty of this. But I shall make a conscious effort not to neglect my body.
On a lighter note, I really appreciate how fast lunch can be, after lunching alone for these past few weeks! Cuz.. I get to go shopping after that! Yippee! Raffles Place is a really different environment from Tuas. But since I am a little lazy – accustomed to online shopping – I haven’t bought anything.
Knowing there’s someone familiar – even vaguely so – in the vicinity is somehow comforting. I was initially unsatisfied at ABN AMRO, but after I met See Yuen at the station, I kinda became more optimistic about the place. And mind you, she is only a former colleague whom I have worked with for just one month! HAHA. Now, having Jace in the area also makes me feel happier here!
The work load is so light that I’ve to find things to occupy my time; the pay is relatively higher than elsewhere for a similar role. But there are always two sides to a coin. I have to learn to make & serve coffee/tea to the high net worth guests (I hate customer service & I don’t even take these drinks!); the supervisor gives halfhearted instructions and makes me repeat the same tasks a million times as she doesn’t know – and doesn’t bother to check beforehand – what the requirements are.
Any longer here and I may just miss slacking like this. But both the pantry and the washroom here are lacklustre. I miss miss miss the toilets back in NOV; the always-stocked pantry at ABN AMRO amazes me with the variety – from soft drinks to milk to beer to even wine!
No comments:
Post a Comment